KEVIN E. O’REILLY, Esq.
Attorney and Principal
Kevin E. O’Reilly is a trial attorney with more than 25 years of experience, gaining an outstanding reputation for handling complex and high-profile wrongful death and personal injury cases by working closely with his clients and providing a high level of service. Kevin’s commitment to excellence is reflected in his history of exceptional achieved for clients, many of whom received record high awards from their cases.
Kevin began his career as a prosecutor in Cook County, Illinois the largest criminal court system in the country. He acquired his extensive trial experience and knowledge of trial law while practicing in the Cook County State Attorney’s Office which is widely considered the best training ground for trial attorneys.
Kevin now represents victims involved in a variety of complex construction negligence, wrongful death, defective product liability, truck and bus accident, medical negligence, automobile collision, premises liability, intentional tort and other personal injury cases that require meticulous attention to detail and personalized service.
Kevin handles a variety of complex commercial litigation matters including contract disputes, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and other commercial torts. He defends clients in white collar defense felonies and misdemeanors in both federal and state court. Kevin has handled numerous high-profile cases, often appearing in media programs as a guest commentator offering analysis of cases that are in the public eye.
- Named annually since 2013 as an Illinois Super Lawyer in the area of personal injury, an honor given to no more than five percent of attorneys in each state.
- Recommended by peers annually since 2013 as an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the area of personal injury, aviation and criminal law. Less than five percent of all lawyers licensed in each state have received the distinction of Leading Lawyer.
- Selected by Chicago Daily Law Bulletin as one of Forty Under Forty to Watch in 2003. Kevin was chosen from more than 20,000 attorneys under the age of 40 practicing in the State of Illinois.
- Former elected member of the Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the state’s largest organization of lawyers representing injured or deceased persons due to the negligence of others.
- Former elected member of the Board of Governors of the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), the state’s largest organization of lawyers. Kevin remains a frequent speaker at ISBA seminars for tort related topics and often authors articles for ISBA publications, including the Illinois Bar Journal.
- Former elected President of the IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law Alumni Board and past Chair of the Fundraising Committee for the IIT-Chicago Kent Alumni Board.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- 20 year member of Tort Law section
- Past Board of Governors
- Assembly member
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association
- Past Board of Managers
- Member of the American Association of Justice, formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member of Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar Association
- Member of DuPage County Bar Association
- Member of Celtic Legal Society
- Member of Justinian Society of Lawyers
IIT-Chicago-Kent College of Law
Loyola University of Chicago
Bachelor of Arts
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- US District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Jerome Urbik is an associate who concentrates in the areas of wrongful death, personal injury construction accidents, as well as a variety of commercial litigation matters. In addition, he handles Appellate matters in both the state and federal courts. He is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Jerome earned his JD from IIT Chicago Kent College of Law with honors. He received three different CALI awards for the top grade in the class. During law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society where he won as finalist and finished as semi-finalists and quarter finalists in national competitions. He was an extern to the Honorable John Darrah, a judge with the Northern District of Illinois, and clerked for the Law Offices of Kevin E. O’Reilly.
After Graduation, Jerome joined a prominent personal injury and wrongful death law firm where he gained valuable trial and appellate experience including several jury trials and argued appeals before the Illinois First and Fourth District Courts of Appeals, as well as the Supreme Court of Wyoming.
MEGAN E. WILLIAMS
Megan Williams focuses her practice in the areas of personal injury, commercial law, construction law, and employment law. She also has experience on appellate matters. Megan has the privilege of assisting parties through all steps of litigation, including negotiations, client counseling, pre-trial and trial. She is admitted to practice in Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Megan earned her JD from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. Throughout her time in law school, Megan served as a notes and comments editor of the Chicago-Kent Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society, where her team competed nationally and won a best brief award. She also earned four different CALI Awards for Excellence in Intensive Trial Advocacy, Mediation, Professional Responsibility, and Business Entity Formation and Transactions. Prior to law school, Megan earned a Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Arts in Government and Sociology from New Mexico State University.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of Kevin E. O’Reilly, Megan worked as a law clerk for a mid-size defense firm focusing on construction law, where she contributed to the 2021 version of USLAW’s State of Illinois Construction Law Compendium. Additionally, Megan worked as an extern at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), as well as judicial extern for the Honorable Patricia O’Brien Sheahan of the Circuit Court of Cook County and the Honorable Marci Beyer of the Third Judicial District Court of New Mexico.
Jordan Dooley serves as the firm’s legal assistant for both the Chicago and Florida offices. Jordan works on all aspects of our cases and handles management of the back of the office. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as a file clerk for a general practice law firm in Peoria, Illinois.
Jordan is currently pursuing his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of Illinois at Chicago. After receiving his B.A., Jordan plans to pursue a master’s degree in accounting as well as a law degree. When Jordan is not working or studying, he enjoys traveling, cooking, and spending time with friends.
Andrea is a law clerk at the firm’s Chicago office and a student at UIC John Marshall School of Law. She earned her B.A. from Loyola University in Chicago in 2019, where she majored in Criminology and Political Science, with minors in Psychology and Sociolegal studies.
While a student at Loyola, Andrea worked at the Law Offices of Kevin E. O’Reilly as a legal assistant and externed in the Juvenile Division of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office. During law school, Andrea participated in her school’s International Human Rights clinic. In her free time, Andrea enjoys practicing yoga, going to the beach, and visiting her hometown in Puerto Rico.
Jake McCormick is a law clerk at the firm’s Chicago office and a student at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. Prior to joining the Law Offices of Kevin E. O’Reilly, Jake worked on several political campaigns and interned for Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. He earned his B.A. from Saint John’s University in 2022, where he majored in Political Science and Law, with a minor in Communications. During his time at Saint John’s, Jake was a member of the Mock Trial team, the Investment Committee, and served as an Editor for the school newspaper, The Record. In his free time, Jake enjoys trying new restaurants, kayaking, and going to Cubs games.
Conor Richardson is a law clerk at the firm’s Florida office and a student at Levin College of Law at the University of Florida. Prior to his work with the Law Offices of Kevin E. O’Reilly, Conor worked as a clerk for Clyatt & Richardson, P.A. in South Florida. He also ran his own sports agency specializing in the representation of professional golfers and baseball players.
Conor earned a B.A. from University of Florida in 2016 and then earned a master’s degree from Northwestern University in 2017. During his time at the University of Florida and at Northwestern University, Conor was a member of the men’s golf teams and competed for both Top 25 Division I golf programs, eventually playing professional golf for two years after. In his free time, Conor enjoys playing golf and offshore fishing in South Florida and the Bahamas.